Learning how to clean hardwood floors is essential for protecting and maintaining your beautiful investment. Regular maintenance includes sweeping with a soft bristle broom or dusting with a dry microfiber mop. Follow the guidelines below to care for your floor properly so you can enjoy your hardwood for a lifetime.
• Daily - Dust Mop or Sweep
• Weekly - Vacuum using the bare floor setting
• Monthly - Clean with Pallmann Hardwood Floor Cleaner
• Every 3 - 5 Years - Maintenance coat
• Every Few Decades - Sand and refinish
OAKLINE FLOOR DO’S:
• Do use a dust mop
• Do use a vacuum with a hard floor attachment that does NOT contain rotary brush heads that could cause scratches
• Do place protector pads on ALL furniture legs on wood floor
• Do wipe up spills immediately (with damp cloth)
• Do place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt and moisture tracked into your home.
• Do place an area rug at the kitchen sink for hardwood floors (wait 3 weeks to allow polyurethane to completely cure)
• Do use a humidifier throughout the winter months to minimize gaps
OAKLINE FLOORS DON’TS:
• DO NOT use WET mops or steam mop
• DO NOT use vinyl or tile cleaning products on wood floors
• DO NOT wear shoes with spike heels or heel taps on your hardwood floor. Remove shoes at the door to avoid potentially dragging in sharp objects in your shoe treads.
• DO NOT wax a wood floor
• DO NOT put down area rug for 3 weeks to allow polyurethane to completely cure